26.4.12

Ride Into the Sunset by Viewers Of

I came across this EP while randomly clicking on album covers from bandcamp's ever growing list of artists not knowing what to expect. The majority of music I find on bandcamp ranges from "this is okay, I guess" to "Van Gogh was halfway right." Occasionally though, you stumble upon  something that makes you stop and before you know it it's been on repeat for the last two hours and you've built a solid gold shrine to your cat in Minecraft (isn't that what everyone does when they listen to music?).

Ride Into the Sunset by Viewers Of is one of those rare finds. The internet must have smiled upon me when I clicked on the hand drawn crayon album cover. The whole EP is solid. The band really has a knack for catchy melodies. There is something bright and summery about all the songs but without being too sweet or cheery.  And the bass lines give each song just the right amount of funk to keep your head moving. I highly recommend that you download this album and give it a listen. I know very little about this band except that they make great music and I look forward to more releases from them.

favorite track: Thought Balloon

0 comments:

Post a Comment